for the Learning and Development Specialist position
Learning and Development Specialist
The Learning and Development Specialist is passionate about creating learning journeys that enrich its recipients through simple, engaging, and accessible channels. As a member of the Learning and Development team, the Learning and Development Specialist acts as a learning partner who contributes to business goals by helping to design and deliver learning-oriented solutions that address knowledge, skills, and behavior gaps that support the learners’ personal and professional growth.
SCHEDULE: 4:00 AM – 1:00 PM Philippine Standard Time, follows Philippine holidays
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
WORK ARRANGEMENT: Remote
· Technical capabilities:
· Learning content design. Build and enhance learning needs-driven solutions for specific programs through a variety of industry benchmarked techniques, integrating both synchronous and asynchronous resources to enhance the learning experience, as aligned with DOXA standards and methodology.
· Training Delivery
· Learner-centered. Delivers learning solutions through a variety of learner-centered approaches and platforms.
· Presentation skills. Well-honed platform skills as demonstrated in the facilitation of engaging learning experiences.
· Continuous Improvement
· Innovation. A tech native who seeks out adopts, and incorporates technology, industry trends, and best practices.
· Analytics. Maintains session, content, and facilitator analytics to assess the success of the deployed learning solution.
· Project Management. Seamlessly manages projects from end to end, with sustained rigor in managing details, timelines, stakeholders, and SOPs.
· People capabilities:
· Ensures accountability. Demonstrates ownership for assigned tasks from concept to completion with the utmost care and drive for timely results. End-user focus. Builds and sustains strong stakeholder relationships through collaborative solutions. Interpersonal savvy. Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, comfortable working with all levels of the organization, with the ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
· Nimble learning. Stays curious; actively learning through experimentation when tackling new challenges, using both successes and failures as learning fodder to contribute to team goals and for continuous professional development.
· Situational adaptability. Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
· A bachelor’s degree in the related field
· Design expertise: at least 5 years experience as a research-oriented instructional designer, is well-versed in learner-centered principles, design processes, and various design methodologies BEYOND ADDIE, such as AGILE, SAM, etc. Demonstrates this expertise through actual examples and is comfortable speaking in industry terms
· Exceptional training delivery skills (synchronous and asynchronous) as an integral part of current responsibilities
· Technology savvy – works well with and incorporates technology in learning methodology through a wide variety of tools
· Comfortable working and conversing at all levels of the organization
· Strong project management skills: can provide concrete examples of projects managed and their outcomes
· Able to work independently as well as within a team
· Plus factors:
· Certification from training organizations/institutions
· Familiarity with competency frameworks and learning solutions